Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Welfare of a U.S. Citizen

If you are concerned about the welfare of a U.S. citizen friend or family member in India, or if you need to contact them in an emergency, the Consulate can help. 

If you need the Embassy to check on the welfare and whereabouts of an U.S. citizen in India, please contact the Consulate at 3984-2400.  If you are calling from the United States, first dial 011-91-33- or email

General information on the range of emergency services available to U.S. citizens overseas is available here.

We strongly encourage all Americans abroad to sign up for security updates and travel information. It is a free service that keeps you informed in emergencies.  Sign up here.